While learning from books is great, the web changes so quickly that even the most up to date references (publishing dates between 2008-2010) have obsolete information. These references are a great foundation. At least when I start looking past what I've learned, I won't feel as awkwardly in the void.
I'm trying to update the blog template and learn new hash-tags for Twitter while making my website look better than blah. At least I can't gripe because it's free. Sigh. Sometimes when I stop and think about how many hours I spend learning, modifying, editing and promoting my {photos, advertizing, social network sites, blog} I realize I pay myself less than minimum wage. Luckily, I absolutely love what I do and while it doesn't pay the bills yet, I have hopes to grow into a separate gallery and studio space. For now, I work out of my home. The living room is my office and I diligently type away while hearing the girls scream as they chase each other, trying to "share."
I'm trying to update the blog template and learn new hash-tags for Twitter while making my website look better than blah. At least I can't gripe because it's free. Sigh. Sometimes when I stop and think about how many hours I spend learning, modifying, editing and promoting my {photos, advertizing, social network sites, blog} I realize I pay myself less than minimum wage. Luckily, I absolutely love what I do and while it doesn't pay the bills yet, I have hopes to grow into a separate gallery and studio space. For now, I work out of my home. The living room is my office and I diligently type away while hearing the girls scream as they chase each other, trying to "share."
So... 4 hours, 3 how to videos, one crash course and a couple hail mary's later and I'm here trying to wrap up putting a "friend screen" on my Facebook business page.
Its basic purpose is to promote liking the page before viewing content, by placing a temporary screen over the page. Most people don't realize, they can just click on a different tab to make the intro "like us" push disappear. I learned there is also a "friend gate" HTML code that makes visitors invite X number of their friends to visit and like the page before letting them view it. Now that's sneaky.
Its basic purpose is to promote liking the page before viewing content, by placing a temporary screen over the page. Most people don't realize, they can just click on a different tab to make the intro "like us" push disappear. I learned there is also a "friend gate" HTML code that makes visitors invite X number of their friends to visit and like the page before letting them view it. Now that's sneaky.
Well It didn't work, but at least now I know how to make brushes in GIMP. lol Yes, at home I use GIMP. In the office and at school I revel in awe at the power of Photoshop.
And now is when I open a new tab and begin my Google search. Endless resources at my fingertips, most tutorials and tips are free. Like this link, which just described in detail how to create a fan gate by using a free 3rd party app. Check it out. :) As for me, I bookmarked the site, lol. I'll try again tomorrow.
And now is when I open a new tab and begin my Google search. Endless resources at my fingertips, most tutorials and tips are free. Like this link, which just described in detail how to create a fan gate by using a free 3rd party app. Check it out. :) As for me, I bookmarked the site, lol. I'll try again tomorrow.

No comments:
Post a Comment